First of all, look at these wonderful pupils
We are delighted to be back at school and are looking forward to the term ahead. We will be working even harder this half term and we will be ensuring the children are always trying their very best.
In English lessons we will be:
During English this half term we will be:
- Learning about conjunctions
- Learning about apostrophes
- Using a range of interesting vocabulary
- Using Fronted adverbials
- Writing stories that are based on another culture
- Writing instructions
- Improving our handwritingIn Maths lessons we will be:During Maths this half term we will be:
- Practising long division
- Practising long multiplication
- Practising column addition
- Practising column subtraction
- Learning about the value of numbers
- Learning how to calculate with fractionsScience lessons will focus on animals including humans. We will be carrying out investigations into teeth and how to keep them healthy. Computing will focus on digital literacy where we will be making stop motion videos. RE lessons will look at Christianity and baptism.Please ensure you’re helping your child with the following:
- Reading x 3 per week
- Learn times tables 12×12 and division facts for these
- Practise your handwriting so that letters sit on the line and you’re starting to join
- Complete all homework
- Cardio (PE) is on Monday
- Full PE lesson is on Thursday morning
- Reading records will be checked every Thursday Morning
- Celebration assembly will be each Friday – please attend so you can support your child
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the school or we are available each morning and evening at the classroom door.
Mr Patterson/Miss Wheelton
The following information explains all the different things your child will be learning about.
Below are the curriculum overviews for Year 4, please click on the links to download the document.