First of all, look at these wonderful pupils
We are delighted to be back at school and are looking forward to the term ahead. We will be working even harder this half term and we will be ensuring the children are always trying their very best.
During English this half term we will be:
- Learning about inverted commas
- Using a range of interesting vocabulary
- Writing Newspaper articles about SpyFox…have you seen him?
- Writing persuasive texts that deal with difficult themes.
- Write stories that entertain
- Improving our handwriting
During Maths this half term we will be:
- Practising long division
- Practising long multiplication
- Practising column addition
- Practising column subtraction
- Learning roman numerals
- Learning how to tell the time
- Learning how fractions are related to decimals and percentages
- Learning about different shapes
- Learning about angles
- Science lessons will focus changing state (Solids, Liquids and Gases)
- We will be classifying these states of matter and understand their properties. We will investigate how some of these states can be reversed to another.
- Computing will focus on Coding where we will be making our own games!
- RE lessons will learn all about Judaism.
- Please ensure you’re helping your child with the following:
- Reading x 3 per week
- Learn times tables 12×12 and division facts for these
- Practise your handwriting so that letters sit on the line and you’re starting to join
- Complete all homework
- Cardio (PE) is on Monday
- Full PE lesson is on Thursday morning
- Reading records will be checked every Thursday Morning
- Celebration assembly will be each Friday – please attend so you can support your child
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the school or we are available each morning and evening at the classroom door.
Mr Patterson/Miss Wheelton